Our Commitment to Privacy
This policy is effective from January 1 2012.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Snap-on Equipment GmbH.
The Personal Data We Collect
In general, when you visit our website you remain anonymous, but on some pages you need to provide personal data to register, order products and contact Snap-on UK Holdings Limited (“Snap-on”). The types of personal data collected at these pages may include:
- Snap-on customer number (if applicable)
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Credit/debit card/procurement card information
We also enable you to submit information about other people. For example, we request that you provide us with information about your dealer or representative or, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. The types of personal data that may be collected about other people at these pages include:
- Dealer or representative’s name and contact information
- Gift recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number
The Way We Use Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- We use the personal data you provide when placing an order or accessing this website to complete that order and to provide a more personalised shopping experience.
- We maintain credit/debit card/procurement card information only until payment for your order is processed.
- We also use your information to communicate with you, for example, to answer the e-mail and correspondence we receive, to confirm your order, to send more information about becoming a dealer, to send renewal notices, and to notify you of important changes in the functionality of the website.
- We may use your information to make recommendations for additional products or special offers, and to provide you with updates on new products that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive this information in the future, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From time to time, we may share certain information with other Snap-on affiliates and independent Snap-on dealers in your area to enable them to offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will not use or share the personal data provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
How We Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Snap-on or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose personal data in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
Transfer Of Personal Data Outside The EEA
Our website is held on servers based outside of the EEA. In using this website you consent to Snap-on transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
Customisation And Aggregate Data
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and gather information for product management and development at Snap-on. For example, we may tell our sales and marketing staff that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of software licenses were ordered during a particular time period, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals. This aggregate information may also be shared with Snap-on’s affiliates and independent dealers.
Sometimes we may offer promotions or specials that are sponsored by or co-sponsored with identified third parties. By virtue of their sponsorship, these third parties may obtain personal data that you submit to participate in the promotion or special. We will notify you at the time of requesting personal data if third-party sponsors will obtain such information and the uses to which they will put this data.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over content displayed on other sites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you download or provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our Commitment To Security Of Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. These procedures include physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software receives encrypted information through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) of your internet browser which encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us and prevents anyone else from reading it as the information travels from your computer to ours.
If you are still concerned about placing an order online, call a customer service representative at +44 (0) 1553 697233 – this is a UK number – and place your order via the telephone.